This policy reports to how we collect the information, use and share the personally identifiable information you provide to us when you register with us to receive our Services.
Information We Collect
When you visit our website, we collect two types of information: personal information and non-personal information. Personal information is any information that can individually identify you and includes, but is not limited to, your name, address and email address. We only collect personal information that you personally provide to us. We also collect non-personal information through third-party technology, and use of our website.
How We Use Your Information
We collect and use your Personal Information to manage our relationship with you, improve our programs and services, and personalize your interactions with us. Unless the event app is a secure/private app that requires login information upon use, this information is not exclusive to the participant of this event and is publicly available online.
“Cookies” give users a special email ID’s, which are small text files that are stored in the memory of a user’s computer, mobile, e-reader, tablet or other device used to access the newsandevents.net. newsandevents.net employs cookies to recognize you and your access privileges for certain locations on the Devices as well as to track site usage.
California State Privacy Rights:
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA): Rights, provisions to consumer and other mandatory information
The consumer rights include:
- The right to request disclosure of the company’s business data collection and sales practices in relation to the customer, including the categories of personal information the company has collected, the source of the information, the company’s usage of the information and, if the information was disclosed or sold to third parties, the categories of personal information disclosed or sold to third parties and the categories of third parties to whom such information was disclosed or sold;
- The right to request a copy of personal information collected by the company about him or her during the 12 months before their request.
- The right to have such information deleted by the company.
- The right to request that the consumer’s personal information not be sold to third parties, if applicable; and
- The right not to be discriminated against because the consumer exercised any of the new rights under The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA).
- The company needs to collect information from the requesting party so that it can verify their identity
- Consumer will be able to make a personal information request twice in a 12-month period
- The company collects information from the requesting consumer so that it can verify his/her identity. The sources of each category of personal information are as follows: data partners, data brokers, user-entered data, and from data obtained via cookies.
- The company will respond within 45 days and no later than 45 days of receiving a personal information request.
- The company provides two channels for receiving personal requests: a web page https://ccpacentral.net/hfms/168/173/Newsandevents_Form.html and a toll free number (855) 410-2443.
- The process for making a request through this channel is available here https://ccpacentral.net/hfms/168/173/Newsandevents_Form.html
- The company provides a page/link titled “Do Not Sell My Personal Information,”. The consumer can opt out of having his or her information sold. This link https://ccpacentral.net/hfms/168/173/Newsandevents_Form.html can be accessed in the footer of the website home page http://newsandevents.net/.
- A list of all the categories of personal information that have been collected in the past 12 months is available in the “Types of Information we may collect” section (1)
- Purposes for using each category of collected information can be reviewed in the section  ‘How we may use the collected information’
- The categories of personal information sold in the past 12 months are available in the “Types of Information we may collect” section (1)
- The categories of personal information disclosed for a business purpose in the past 12 months: Auditing, Performing services on behalf of the business, Product/ service troubleshooting/debugging, verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service, undertaking internal research for product/service/technology development, and detecting security incidents.
We are committed to ensuring that your information we collect online is secure.